Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Moderation. #WisdomWednesday.


While this is true, how do we know when our body has met it's limit? The goal isn't to kill ourself. Have you heard the phrase,
"I'd rather burn out than rust out?" 
That's dumb. Because either way you're out. The goal is to remain in the game. 
Learn how to listen to your body's cues and warning signals. Rest when in doubt. Your body rebuilds and repairs itself when you rest. So does your mind and spirit.
Learning your body can take some time, but take the time to learn it well. 
Resting is a challenge for me personally because I hate feeling unproductive. But in reality, not resting causes me in the long run to less productive, over emotional, and a train wreck waiting to happen. Our bodies and minds can only handle so much!
All things in moderation. Work hard. Play hard. And don't forget to rest easy. 

***Happy (& Blessed) Running (& Resting)!***

6 comments:

  1. This is something I will be concentrating on extra hard for several months of marathon training: REST EASY and moderation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Especially with a wedding and a marathon coming up for me and my honey soon. ;-) trying to find balance, moderation, and rest will be tricky but SO necessary.

      Delete
  2. I have developed really bad tendonitis in my left wrist from not resting enough. I went to the gym every single day. I hate feeling unproductive just like you, but I had to realize that it is necessary in order to remain healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I used to think if I missed a day of some workout my fitness or running life would suffer. But that's not true! It'll make great gains!

      Delete
  3. I experienced a lot of burnout a few weeks before the Buffalo Half on May 25th. I learned the hard way that I need to take it down a notch and maybe even take an extra rest day a week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla! Thanks for stopping by. I tend to learn the hard way...often. But the important thing is we learn! :) enjoy the run!

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)