Saturday, May 3, 2014

TaTa Trot 5k Run For The Boobies

I can't believe I have neglected to mention this run next Saturday! I ran the TaTa Trot 5k race two years ago and PRed. It has a great course, running two and a half laps around the town Rosman, NC. Yes, it's that small, but there is a strength and sincere sense of community found within that town.  
They have prizes for top male and female finishers, raffle prizes if you stick around, water station, coffee and snacks, games, music, and tons of positive energy! It's about supporting a great cause (breast cancer), community, and each other. Last year I supported my sister in her first 5k and at the end when the breast cancer survivors were honored it was hard not to get a little misty eyed. Breast cancer has run in my family so it does hit a little close to home for my sister snd I...These women are an incredible show of strength!

Find their Facebook page here and give them a like! Plan to run it too, if not this year the next! 😄

https://m.facebook.com/tatatrotoftransylvania

Here's to a happy and blessed Sunday!

***Any races coming up your way? Why do you race? Any special causes you support?***

Happy (& Blessed) Running!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun race! Good luck! I'm planning on racing in the fall, probably the Freedom Runs Half Marathon in WV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nervous! I haven't "raced" in so long! I'm hoping to score a good time so I can run a marathon in the fall. When is the Freedom Half?

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)