Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hinder. What Stops You From Pushing On?

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (Hebrews 12:1 NIV)

I love this verse. But it wasn't until today during a morning devotional that I saw something new. It's easy for the encourager to motivate and inspire others when they are on the mountaintop.
"Yes! I kicked that 5ks tail and so can you. Let me show you how!"
"Love is beautiful and a blessing. You'll find it too!"
...and you catch my drift.
But what happens when the encourager has lost said courage? How can they press on with perseverance? What happens when their motivation is suddenly clouded and their mind becomes murky?

What entangles you?
Thoughts.
Fears.
Gossip.
Desire to be accepted.
Doubt.
Uncertainties.
Disappointments.
Failures.

The list is endless. However, we do not have to let those trials hinder us. They may give us reason to pause, but no reason to just give up.
Give your life a good long examination and be honest with yourself. What do you allow to hold you back? Then find a way to push through it.
I believe my calling in life is to lead a life of integrity and inspiration. To make my living by encouraging a healthy and full life. God has placed specific desires in my heart for a reason. Like He has also in you. And my heart is fullest when I am fulfilling that calling. Running is just one small part of it all. I want need others to see a bright light in me that doesn't come from me. It comes by the grace of God.


Find your calling and charge on ahead. Remember, it is okay to fail or to feel completely lost at times. We all hit rough patches, but what I want you to remember is this: You are priceless. Worth it. You are more than capable. And our God is AWESOME! And He will help you finish your race. 

What hinders you? How do you press through rough patches?

***Happy (& Blessed) Running!!***

Hebrews 12:1 Image source


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the very lovely comment on my blog, that was very nice... It seems I have been told to have patience for many years... I just keep holding on..

    This is a great post ... it is not always tough to remember our blessings when we have trials but it is possible with Faith..

    Have a really great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great day, thank you!! :-) hope yours was too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome! :~) we press on and encourage one another.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog today - this was just the kind of inspiration that I needed to see! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by too! Thank you for checking my blog out and I hope you always find inspiration here!

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)