Monday, April 28, 2014

Short n' Sweet #MondayMotivation

So what's new with you? Wellllll, I signed up for my first 5k race this year, Brevard Rotary's 7th Annual White Squirrel. I've participated in two races this year, the Oskar Blues 4-miler and Legacy Run 5k, yes, but I am running this one to race. I'm ready to test my speed. I've read and heard advice that training for and racing a 5k to get your best time is an excellent way to help set your personal standard for marathon training. I used that method for my first and second marathon and it worked well. I missed the marathon in Georgia last year, but this year I'm determined to try again. Being a runner doesn't mean that you just run around, it means you run YOUR life with a passion and pursue success in all aspects of life. You don't quit, give up, or whine about it. You just do.

So let's see, things to do for the remainder of the year:

  1. Plan a wedding
  2. Get married to the love of my life
  3. Study for and pass the NASM exam
  4. Become a personal trainer and rock people's world
  5. Run a marathon (Hopefully, the Rock n' Roll Marathon in Savannah GA, November)
  6. Be awesome
 
Running pretty much makes you awesome.

Oh yes. It's totally do-able.

**What's on your to-do list? Do you have any running/racing goals the rest of the year? I have found that having specific goals, adding specific tasks to the to-do list, and seeing baby steps through helps me to accomplish much!**

***Happy (& Blessed) Running!***

P.S. - The ankle is feeling so much better! Recognizing the pain quickly and taking care of it worked wonders. Never ignore even a hint of pain!

2 comments:

  1. Totally doable!! When is your wedding? So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay so glad someone agrees!! It's October 18th!

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)