Monday, March 31, 2014

What Makes You Happy?

Too often we (including I here too) focus on what's wrong, why we are upset, angry, tired, frustrated, or just plain cranky. 
Thinking on trouble(s) will weigh you down. It burdens the heart.  

"Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up." (Proverbs 12:25 NIV)

And whatever you're holding in your heart, your mouth will speak. Do you want to speak trouble? Ill words? Or do you want to be that kind word? That gentle voice that brings peace wherever (s)he goes?
I'm preaching to myself here just as well...{{I'm no saint when it comes to taming the tongue. I am a work in progress for sure, but I keep working, studying, and praying daily!}}

"For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of." (Matthew 12:34 NIV)

So I'm here today to ask YOU:

What made you happy today? 
Let's discuss the good. Even if it's just for this moment. Let's challenge each other to make positive mental notes each day and spend a corner of each day on those thoughts. Practice makes positive new habits. Habits make the positive lifestyle. 
Let's shoot for a positive lifestyle shall we?

My happy: 

An AMAZING 6 mile run this morning. 
Planting new seeds in the earth. 
Having a clean home. 
The sunshine was out!
Watching my son swim like a champ. 
Dancing with my fiancĂ©. 
Listening to the crikits evening songs. 

***Happy & Blessed Running!*** 

2 comments:

  1. Today made me happy:
    - a 4 mile walk with my baby girl and a friend
    - sleeping 6 hours thanks to my husband who fed the baby at 3am
    - eating a huge piece of chocolate cake
    - spending a relaxing day with my baby and my husband
    - watching my baby girl sleep happily and content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walks with the kid and friends are one of the greatest happy days for me! Continue to enjoy your sweet baby and husband! It goes by so quick!!!

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)