|A pic from my foggy run this morning. And by the end of my run the sun had come out... Just a nice metaphor for pushing through the dark times until the light shines through!|
I'm just a mom.
Then I want you to toss that idea of only being a "just" something because YOU ARE AN AWESOME SOMEBODY.
- Think BIG.
- But start small.
- Envision goals, dreams, ambitions. Maybe start a journal. There is power in the written word. Something motivating about seeing it on paper. And don't even think twice about how lofty they may sound.
- Now, pen (or pencil) out the steps that might be required to reach that goal. Starting with the tiniest step, maybe in example, "Go to library and research books on topic." With each goal accomplished you will begin to have that accomplished feeling of 'I can do this'. With each small step conquered the next one will come near naturally and before you know it you will have reached your next goal.
- Realize that you will probably fall flat on your face at times. Maybe many times. That is totally normal and ok. Take that time to re-evaluate where you are in your quest and learn from the mistake(s). Mistakes will most assuredly be made. But that shouldn't be a game stopper.
- Keep it fun. Don't sweat too long or hard over a stumbling block. Take a break when everything becomes a chore and not a passion. To get to where you're going you will need to complete certain "chores", however, the whole process should not feel as though it is one big chore.
- And most importantly, never ever give up. Take a rest when needed, but don't lose heart or hope.