Saturday, December 29, 2012

Out of Hibernation and #Elf4health

Yeah, Yeah I know.  I've been MIA again.  Well, REAL LIFE is busy ya know!  That and I finally had a day off when the library wasn't closed...that and I've had writers  block...I'm sure I could come up with some more excuses.  As a warning, this post may go a little something like this; blah blah blahdiddy blah.
SO...
Thank You Lord for having sent Your son to save us so we may celebrate Christmas ...but Thank YOU LORD I can now take my tree down!  That tree was down Christmas day after all was said and done.  A little rest was good. Even though I wasn't happy about it I'm glad I chose to put the treadmill away for the Christmas season. It forced me to slow down and take a breather. I went a little crazy I believe and discovered just how reliant I had become on needing to run. I need it like a crack baby needs crack.  But I'm well rested and ready to GO!
So anyway...
My game plan for the next two weeks is to build my mileage back up a little before the next round of marathon training begins, which will be January 7th. That's also when the kiddo goes back to school, so it works out perfectly. This time I'm going with a different game plan. I really liked RLRF (Run Less, Run Faster) plan because of the lower mileage and only three runs a week but, since I didn't cross train really much at all, I'm going with a higher mileage with a mix of yoga and pilates. OKC Memorial Marathon in April I'm coming for you! I can not wait to see family again...
 
So having said all that...I came across a fun #Elf4health challenge about a week ago and thought hey this would be a great way to stay healthy this season. Only I've failed terribly so far.
The challenge goes a little something like this,
Each day of the week you are challenged to do or try something you may or may have not tried before or may have just not "had time for".
 
Monday's challenge: call up an old friend. Well Monday I worked, went straight to get little man, got showered for our church's Christmas Eve service, straight to church, straight (as if I could've gone crooked...ha) to our family's gift exchange for the kiddos, then home and had to get Santa ready and by that time it was about 9:30 pm.  So no, I didn't call a friend. BUT I did text one...I don't think this counts.
 
Tuesday's challenge: take a walk with a friend or family member.
Well it rained. And rained some more.  So no, I didn't walk. Gah I'm a terrible elf!
The other part is your "Elf". You are matched up with another elf to help encourage you along the way.  There's also prizes and what nots for best elf etc etc.
 
Wednesday's challenge: find three things I like about myself in the mirror and show it off! Okay so I didn't take of picture of me.  You've seen my face before.
  • I like my eyes. God gave me deep blue ocean eyes.
  • I like my heart.  Because Jesus is in it, it loves deeply and beats strong for my runs!
  • I like my legs. Of course ;-) because well, I run. So they're just smokin' hott! Ha!

Thursday's Challenge: write a list of 20 things I am grateful for.  I did manage to get this one done!  I wrote it in the back of my 2012 runner's journal so I can remember it for years to come. 


Friday's challenge: Make a healthy mug cake.  Did not happen.  Worked over late because work was crazy!  Wow, I am full of excuses aren't I?? So I googled a recipe and I will try it this weekend!  Does thinking about making one count??  No. No it doesn't.  ha!  Cute mug!

#Elf4health

And for the weekend?  I am to take some time for myself.  Hmm... I did get a face mask for Christmas.  Maybe I will pamper myself tonight. Maybe even paint my nails!  What?! I never do that.  Never time!
Well happy weekend friends!  Make the best of it and keep on keeping on.  Take some time out this weekend for you! 

Happy (&Blessed) Running!

**So...anyone failed any challenges lately? Or proudly finished any?  Share please!**

6 comments:

  1. I started one training cycle with RLRF but didn't feel really ready since I didn't cross train. I switched to Hal Higdon's plan (Free online) and really liked it. It also felt easier since there was no pace pressure and I just run and enjoyed the run, no mater how fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to JUST run this marathon training go round!!

      Delete
  2. Too bad we weren't each others elves because I've failed miserably at Elf 4 Health. I'm pretty sure my elf has failed too though since she doesn't email me back HAHAHAHA! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well my poor elf had a death in the family so she's been kinda preoccupied with that. Naturally so! :-/ we could be each other's weekend elves haha well better late than never!

      Delete
  3. I have to say I love the pic of the mug cake! That mug is adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love coffee mugs. I need a whole cabinet to devote to cute mugs.

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)