Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wisdom Wednesday: Don't Stop Running the Good Race!

http://bible.us/Gal5.7.NIV 7

"You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?"

I came across this verse today and thought, a.) I haven't posted on wisdom in a very long time b.) What a cool verse that is relateable in more than one aspect of life.

When you're training and running races it can be all too easy to become distracted. Like being distracted from TRUTH.

TRUTH.

*That you are awesome and God created you for awesome things.

*That YES you are more than able to accomplish the tasks set before you.

*That NO, others are not better or more "real" runners because they're faster or can run longer.

There are so many distracting thoughts that can kill your "race" if you allow it. Take a step back for a moment and think on this.

What keeps you from "obeying" truth?

Like those everyday distractions: TV. Social media. Relationships. Family.  Jobs. Housework. Not all distractions are a bad thing. Some good in fact!  It's only when one area of your life becomes unbalanced that things start to go haywire.  Set limits and boundaries for all areas of life. You'll be glad you did. And each one of us has unique life situations. So no one's way is more better for another.

And then sometimes its the destructive things like: the naysayers, a negative friendship. Job stress. Comparing yourself. Being too involved with activities that could harm your health. (This is personal. I'm not asking for anyone to list out loud what they struggle with but rather just think on it)
Find what has been keeping you from keeping with truth and running the good race and vow to never let it set you back again.

I hope someone finds this as useful as I did this morning.  This hit home for me. Especially since I struggled so much last week with that nasty cold and terrible long run (that really wasn't a long run). I almost let that set me back and forget everything I had worked hard for. I began to doubt myself and if in fact I truly was a runner. A distance runner at that. But sometimes you just have to stop. And think. And then move forward. Cross that bridge in your life and keep on going.

Just keep running. Just keep running.

**Happy (&Blessed) Running!**


2 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person. So glad to have you in my life. Thanks for the inspiration and wonderful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Cynthia!! And likewise to you!

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)