Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WW: Don't lose Focus!

Ever get that feeling like something amazing is fixing to happen?  I call it God's plan.  I find that if I fix my focus on Him everything falls into place.
Now not everything is always smooth sailing...(and I also realize that many readers do not share my same beliefs. And that's ok!  This post is to encourage you in life in general...so take from it what you will. But let me tell ya, our Creator is awesome!) that's cause we be human idiots at times. And if any of you are anything like me, we get easily side tracked (call this kids, family, work, the cat vomiting on your shoes, you know life) and completely forget where/why/how/when and what the heck we are doing. Why am I running thirty-thousand miles a week again???  Okay, bit of an exaggeration. You catch my drift. But today, call it runner's high if you'd like, I can't help but feel like God is smiling down on me. It's as if He's saying, "I've got something amazing for you up my sleeve!" In reading this verse this morning:

Psalm 20:4 NIV
"May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed."

that's when it hit me.

I had lost my focus. That's why last week was such a miserable training week.  Felt like none of my plans succeeded!  When you regain your focus, your goals become crystal clear. And in turn, makes for training successes.  I'm here to encourage you in everything you do in life, let it be done with so much drive and focus on the prize that nothing stops you from achieving what needs to be done. And may the desires of your heart (aka: stellar runs and amazing PRs) be fullfilled!  Your plans will succeed when your focus is right on where it needs to be.

***What gets you easily side-tracked and out of focus?***

Happy (&Blessed) Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love :~)