Monday, September 3, 2012

A Runner's Body Image

How do you feel about your body?  I have a love/dislike relationship with mine. I love that is feels strong. Especially when I run.  Like this morning's 12x400m!   I dislike my "cottage cheese" on the outside of my thighs, my lower belly, baby skin (gross. Thanks kid.), my oversized two front teeth (hello squirrel) and my list could go on and on and on...but this kind of thinking is so detrimental to my health. I know this. This is one reason I fell in love with running because I wasn't running to "look hot". I ran because it felt good.  Every step was a new challenge to push myself further and further. Faster and longer.
Unfortunetly I like to eat. A lot. And a lot of that is sugary foods. I mean I do eat my healthy foods like fish, lean meats, fruits and veggies, almonds etc...(which almost always brakes my bank) but I also really like my cookies and ice-cream! 

**So how about you?  How do you feel about your body?**

Happy (&Blessed) Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love :~)