Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Little Runner Who Could

I'm not sure that I've mentioned this small fact about myself...but I'm short.  Standing tall at 5'0"...I may have 1/8th of an inch on that.
But at any rate. That means short legs. People have asked if I feel exhausted trying to race up against other runners with the taller, gazelle type bodies.  Sometimes.  But I try to make up for it with a shorter stride and quicker cadence.  More times for my feet to push off the ground and propel myself forward.  Well that's my theory anyway.
*So what things in life about you or your circumstances make you feel unable to be your very best?  Or make you feel like you're just not good enough?*
Well lemme tell ya, YOU are more than good enough!  Believe it!
When you feel like things are stacked against you, or you've fallen short (yes, pun intended, ha!) of your goals, or you just can't manage to keep up or when training gets tough, go to your "go-to" phrase.  If you don't have one, get one NOW!  I'm talking about that one or two (or however many) word(s) snippet that helps you snap outta your funk.  When I'm struggling with a long run I like to remind myself to just run. Just run. Or if I'm climbing a hill that I feel like is neverending, I think I can, I think I can. Doesn't matter how silly it sounds...nobody can read your mind. Now if you start talking aloud to yourself I can't help you there!  Which I've even done myself..ahem. 
I also like to pray. Pray hard!  And remind myself that God has given me this body. I am to honor it. He gives me the strength I need everyday.  A few "power running" verses I go to when the going gets tough:

Isaiah 40:31 NIV

"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, (<---they will RUN and not grow weary...my favorite bit)
they will walk and not be faint."

Philippians 4:13 NIV

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Psalm 19:4-5

"..In the Heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun...like a champion (<--You are a champion!!) rejoicing to run his course."

If you have a "go-to" phrase please share!  I would love to hear from YOU!

~happy (&blessed) running my friends~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love :~)