Saturday, June 2, 2012

getting sleepy...

The process of running and training has its ups and downs...both literally and figuratively.  Tonight my garmin forerunner pooped out on me!  The nerve of that little booger. It isn't but roughly 5 months old.  That got me thinking; have I been relying on the little device too much?  I feel lost without it.  I can't stand the thought of not knowing how long and how fast I've run. So I question myself...do I truly enjoy the run or have I become a little competitive freak? Maybe I'm just sleepy and thinking nonsense.  I should rest tonight and wake-up refreshed.  Yup.  That'll be the plan for now.

2 comments:

  1. I find myself falling into the same trap. Let me know if you find a solution, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased to announce my Garmin has revived itself magically! But I think getting away from "time" while running is important. Got to have that balance. Running with another runner who is a newbie or just needs some encouragement helps with that. Find a friend who's not cooncerned with mile splits and join them for a run a few times a month. I think that seems to help balance me out! Haha if I can ever be balanced :-)

      Delete

Thanks for the love :~)