Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cold weather kicked my bottom -_-

Even though today wasn't the greatest run, certainly nothing to brag about here, I learned a few things...
Remember, there really isn't a "bad" run.  Well, I wouldn't classify it as such anyway.  Think of it as a learning curve; try to look at it from a different perspective.  Today I let the cold air early this morning really get to me.  I was not tuned in to my goals, the fact that I was out there running, or how awesome the sun rise really was.  I was just whining inside my head about the darn cold and how slow I felt I was chugging along.  And everytime a car sped by the cold wind slapped me in the face...how rude!
I should have pulled myself together and reminded myself during the run that I was out there running anyway!
And no I didn't remember my stinkin tissues!  I felt snot <excuse me... I know that's disgusting!> running away from my nose...
Cold weather is a bear!  But I should be the bigger beast in this battle.  Next go round I won't even mention the cold... or try to limit that to one thought.  Like...gee it sure is cold.  Let's go kick cold air's tail today!

I think it's time to really start pounding on the speed work and hill training.  I've piddled around with it but haven't really been full throttle into it.  I'm dreading the challenge almost!  I've gotten so use to my long and steady runs.  I enjoy those much more than pushing my body into an insane asylum of speed.  But, if I want to do well Ive got to get out there and push a little harder.

NO excuses; only results!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love :~)